Job Title: Sports Centre Recreation Assistant
Reporting to: Sports Centre Management Team
Salary: £7.00 - £9.90
- To assist with the operation of the Centre ensuring high quality standards are maintained.
- To provide high levels of customer services.
- Be positive in response to customer requests.
- Have the ability to recognise customer’s needs, and act on them with fast, considerate care.
- Deal with all complaints and incidents in a fast and professional manner maintaining accurate records.
- Always focus on being a professional in your role.
- To set up and down Sports equipment and special events and services which have been booked ensuring the Colleges high standards are maintained.
- Ensure all equipment required is set up on time on the correct area(s) hired.
- Ensure all equipment used is set up in a safe manner, and where necessary correct lifting techniques and securing is used.
- Ensure that all equipment used is dismantled correctly and safely and stored within the correct storage area.
- Ensure at all times that storage areas are kept locked and tidy when not in use.
- To Operate in all key areas of the Centre including Sports Centre Reception, To operate and control bookings of the Centre’s computer booking system.
- Ensure that all users of the Centre are charged appropriately in line with the Centre’s pricing structure.
- To account for daily cash register takings, ensuring that all cash handling procedures are followed.
- You will be required to assist with the management of stock and counting of takings generated through the Centre’s vending machines ensuring accurate records are maintained and reporting of any discrepancies. This will also include filling the machines with stock ensuring customer have the ability to purchase items when needed.
- To acknowledge and be sociable with members and visitors to the centre.
- To maintain a clean environment throughout the Centre including ensuring that litter and cleaning is completed in all areas both internally i.e. changing rooms and reception, as well as the external sporting facilities such as the 3G astro turf and grass areas.
- To complete end of shift cleaning duties including emptying bins, removing litter and ensuring the areas used are ready for the next shift and College use.
- To complete hourly Centre patrols to ensure standards are maintained.
- To report any health and safety concerns to the appropriate member of staff i.e. Sports Centre Management
- To ensure you operate at all times to the Centre Normal Operating Procedures (NOP) and Emergency Action Plan (EAP).
- To undertake any other roles and responsibilities that is felt necessary.
- Must have well-developed I.C.T. skills and be proficient in Word and Excel.
- Experience of working with members of the public.
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- First Aid qualification (Desirable)
- Good communication skills both verbally or written
- Cash handling
- Basic knowledge of sport
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team
- Demonstrates high levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity.
- Is observant, imaginative, enthusiastic, lively and fun-loving.
- Approachable manner that puts others at ease.
- Sets and maintains high standards.
- Inspires others to have confidence in his/her professional ability.
- Is a hard worker.
- Have a flexible approach to work.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creates a fun environment for staff and customers.
- Is appropriately dressed and groomed, a good ambassador for the company.
- Has a structured approach to time management.
- Ability to identify and prioritise issues.
- A problem solver.
- A self-starter who has the ability to set and achieve goals.
- Is solution orientated.
For further information please contact HR Administrator, Valeria Garcia email@example.com
The College will safeguard and promote the wellbeing of its students and expects all staff to do the same. An enhanced CRB check will be undertaken.
To download the Application Pack please click below.