The Key Stage 3 curriculum at Bacon’s College is based on the following principles which ensure that we
- Provide a high quality subject curriculum that defines yearly essential subject knowledge and skills.
- Promote day by day mastery teaching so that all pupils are can attain age related expectations.
- Embed good assessment by being precise about what pupils can and cannot do and acting on evidence.
- Achieve high standards of pupil attainment for all and reduce the tail of low attainment.
- Reduce significant ‘late stage’ intervention because prior learning is secure and retained earlier.
- Provide a basis for collaboration and sharing of highly effective practice to raise pupil standards.
- Prepare a strong foundation for success at Key Stage 4 in the subject GCSE and/or programmes of study.
All students will access a core curriculum of the following subjects:
- Religious Education
- Modern Foreign Languages
In Years 7,8 and 9 students access Computing, Product Design, Graphics, and Textiles as part of the Tech Carousel.
In Year 7, PSHE is also part of the carousel of subjects offered. Year 8 and 9 students do not access PSHE in the carousel but through ‘drop-down days’ throughout the year.
Food Technology is offered as part of the carousel in Years 7 and 8 but not offered as part of the carousel in Year 9 and is replaced by Art
Each rotation lasts approximately seven weeks.