The Parent Forum is a consultation group consisting of parents and staff who meet to discuss a range of issues and influence College policy.
Topics due to be discussed:
The range of topics to be discussed may change throughout the year in response to the views and priorities expressed by parents.
If you would like to know more about the work of this group, to participate in the next meeting or just to let us know what you think about one of the topics to be discussed, please use the contact form below to get in touch.
Topic Homework – how do we improve this important tool for learning
Thank you to those parents who attended the first meeting of the Parent Consultation Forum; attached are the list of topics that were identified that parents wish to have discussed during forum meetings this year.
We decided on the following:
1. That we would look to meet on a half termly basis – for an hour – beginning at 5.30 in order to encourage as many parents as possible to attend
2. That the agenda would be sent out at least two weeks before the meeting – but could be changed if there is a collective sense from parents that there is a more pressing issue to discuss
3. That each meeting would begin with a brief update on the impact of the discussion from the previous meeting
Please find below the meeting schedule for this academic year and the proposed topics of discussion
· Homework Tuesday 24 January 2017 5.30 – 6.30
· Communication with parents/website etc Tuesday 28 February 2017 5.30 – 6.30
· SEND Provision Tuesday 28 March 2017 5.30 – 6.30
· Student Reports – including reporting on Progress, College Grading System, incorporating Teacher Comment Tuesday 20 June 2017 5.30 – 6.30
All parents are invited to attend. We look forward to working with you all this year so that together we ensure our students are provided with the best education possible to that they are successful now and in the future.