Bacon's College accepts applications from all children living anywhere south of the River Thames with a South East London (SE) or South West London (SW) postcode on the basis of their proximity to the College – closest first.
The College operates banding in order to secure a comprehensive intake. Places at Bacon's College are allocated equally across five bands which are determined by banding tests conducted by the College in the autumn of year 6.
Applications for a place at Bacon's College at any time must be made via Southwark Council.
Year 6 Into 7 Admissions
Applications to join the Bacon's College in Year 7 in September 2022 should go via the Southwark Council website.
Priority is given to pupils where Bacon’s College is named on their Statement of Special Educational Needs or Education and Health Care Plan.
After this, priority is given to students in the following order:
- Looked after children and previously looked after children.
- Children who, on the date of their proposed admission, will have a sibling who will then be a pupil at Bacon’s College. Siblings includes full, half, step, foster and adopted brother or sister living in the same family unit and at the same home address as the child at the time of admission.
- Children of members of staff at Bacon's College
- Children living at a permanent address south of the River Thames with a South East London (SE) or South West London (SW) postcode on the basis of their proximity to the College – closest first. The College determines the distance using Google Maps to measure the distance from each applicant’s home to the main entrance of the College by the shortest straight-line route in metres.
- Children living in any other postal area on the basis of their proximity to the College – closest first, using the same method described above.
Admissions Policy 2021/22
A copy of the full Admissions Policy is available on our policies page here and a hard copy can be requested. Please contact the College for further information.
Mid Year Admissions (any time between years 7 to 11 outside of normal September intake)
Applications to join Bacon's College at any other time should come directly to the College.
Parents/carers can apply directly using the form below and returning it complete with a copy of their child’s most recent school report to email@example.com.
Waiting list positions work in accordance with the admissions policy and applicants are ranked using the distance from their home address to the College, closest first.
Interviews are offered once a suitable place becomes available in the correct year group.
Bacon's College Application Form
Sixth Form Admissions
Admissions to our Sixth Form are managed by the Sixth Form team at Bacon's, please click here for further information
Arrangements for appeals panels
Parents will have the right of appeal to an Independent Appeal Panel if they are dissatisfied with an admission decision of Bacon’s College.
You can access the appeals form by clicking here.