Dear Parents or Carers,
Re: Enrichment Programme 8 – 18 July 2019
As a College with a Christian character, we are committed to your child’s academic success and to the development of their individual character and personality. All students are now completing their end of year exams and therefore I am delighted to inform you about the College Enrichment Programme which will run for all students in Year 7 – 10 and Year 12 during the last two weeks of term. During this time, students will engage in a range of PSHE workshops, careers education events and will partake in a number of trips and enrichment activities run by College staff and external agencies.
These two weeks are focused on character education and on providing students with a rich and varied experience of extra-curricular activities which address the following:
- PSHE and SRE including mental health education – encouraging personal care and relationship education
- Careers Education including work experience & mock interviews
- Enrichment Activities and workshops – developing hobbies, interests and applied curriculum concepts
- Building Cultural Capital – Museums, theatre trips and getting to know London and the local area
- Rewards Trips - celebrating good behaviour and a positive attitude to learning
- Community Engagement – developing community awareness and cohesion
- Political and Environmental engagement – taking responsibility for our community and our world
We believe that students will not only greatly enjoy these two weeks but will gain much from actively partaking in the range of workshops and trips they will be involved in. You can find the full programme on the College website and your child will be provided with a summary of all events.
However, there are a number of important points to emphasise:
- If you do not wish your child to take part in any event, workshop or trip, please can you contact Ms Sam Church, PA to the Principal as soon as possible about this. Alternative arrangements will be made for your child’s schooling during this time.
- On Friday 12 July, Sports Day, school will finish at 12.30 for all students.
- On Friday 19 July, the last day of term, school will finish at approx. 12.00 for all students. Students are requested to travel directly home and not to be hanging around in the local area.
- School Uniform – the wearing of uniform will depend on the activity that your child is involved in each day. We suggest that all students bring their trainers and PE kit to school each day.
- Water and sun protection cream – please can you ensure your child brings a bottle of water and has sun protection cream for all trips and outdoor activities.
I trust that you are fully supportive of our Enrichment Programme knowing that all students promise to gain much from partaking in it.
Wishing you all a good summer break.
Ms N Gould