Uniform and Appearance
Here at Bacon’s we are committed to the highest of standards for our students; our student’s appearance and being smartly dressed is an important part of this. In our experience the way students wear their uniform can affect their attitude to their studies. We feel that is necessary for our students to look smart when they travel back and forth to school and when in our local community.
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students. All students are expected to arrive wearing their full school uniform (blazer, white shirt, tie, trousers/kilt or summer dress, white or black socks) – there are no exceptions to this! If they are without any item of uniform, they will be sent home to get it.
- Jewellery (other than small simple stud earrings of no more than 5mm in diameter) is not permitted in school. School studs are available to buy from £1.00 in the KS bases. Wrist watches are permitted.
- Neck Chains: Prohibited / not allowed.
- Rings: Prohibited / not allowed.
- Hair colour and style must be appropriate for school. If in doubt refer to your Pastoral Manager.
- Coats and outdoor clothing may not be worn in school. Denim jackets and hooded tops should not be worn anywhere on school premises. Such items will be confiscated and returned at the end of the week.
- Make-up may only be worn if it is discrete, anyone seen wearing too much will be asked to remove it immediately. Face and hand painting is strictly forbidden.
- Head Scarves: must be black or navy without decoration worn for religious purposes only.
- Shoes: must be black - canvas shoes, converse or any shoe with a rubber rim is not acceptable. Any student wearing the incorrect footwear to College will be sent home to change into the correct footwear.
- Ties: Students must wear their shirt with their top button fastened and their tie worn properly with no slack above the knot. We expect there to be at least 8 stripes on the tie below the knot.
- Sweatshirts: Bacon's College branded sweatshirts must only be worn as part of the Bacon's College PE kit.
- Summer dresses: must be worn with a blazer and must be worn no higher than the knee. Summer uniform may only be worn after Easter holidays and up to October half term.
- Mobile Phones, Music Players and Headphones: Must not be visible within the building. If we see such items they will be confiscated. All such items are brought to College at the students own
Where to buy the Bacon's College school uniform
Bacon's College school uniform and PE kit can be purchased from Whitehall Clothiers in Camberwell.
77 Camberwell Road, SE5 0EZ
Tel: 020 7703 3604
Please note that current covid-safety restrictions mean that appointments must be made before you visit.
BACK TO SCHOOL SEPTEMBER 2021 DISCOUNT VOUCHER
BACON'S COLLEGE UNIFORM PRICE LIST
BACON'S SPORTS KIT PRICE LIST
Click here to go to Whitehall Clothiers website.
Replacement ties can be purchased from the College's Reception and cost £5.
From September 2022, all students will be expected to wear the new kit for PE.
Year 7 students starting in September 2021 should purchase the new kit shown above.
Students currently in years 8-10 may continue to wear their existing P.E kit during the next academic year September 2021 – July 2022, and should purchase the new kit when replacing items.
Having the correct equipment is essential for learning. Tutors will check students have the correct equipment regularly and contact parents where this is an issue.
Regular equipment checks will be made by Pastoral Managers, Achievement Leaders and SLT during lessons visits.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:
- Blue or black ball point pen (and a spare!)
- Green ball point pen
- Pencil Eraser
- Coloured Pencils / felt tips Pencil sharpener
- Calculator Ruler
- Pencil Protractor
Tippex/ liquid paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
Text books and specialised equipment will be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
Students must have their planners at all times. A student is required to bring their Planner to every lesson and have it on their desk during the course of the lesson. Failure to do this means they are not prepared to learn.
Replacement planners can purchased for a cost of £5.00.