Department: Community sports centre
Reporting To: Sports Centre Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Recreational Assistants and Building Security.
SUMMARY OF JOB ROLE:
The Duty Managers role is a crucial role in the day to day running of the sports centre and forms part of the centre’s management team, who are collectively responsible for the effective delivery of a range of services throughout the facility. Excellent customer service skills and an enthusiasm for general sports and fitness are essential in this role.
The duty management team will work within a shift pattern, which will include evening and weekends.
All positions within the Sports Centre are classed as regulated posts and therefore require a DBS Disclosure. It will be necessary for the post holder to have a DBS check, which will be carried out by the College.
- Provide effective leadership and management of recreational assistants
- To ensure the highest standard of customer service is always delivered.
- To undertake regular checks on facilities and equipment as well as ensuring housekeeping standards are checked regularly and take prompt remedial action when required
- Deal with customer complaints and queries in a professional manner and aim to reduce or eliminate escalation of situations or complaints.
- Assist in development of relationship between centre and college PE department.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of all staff and visitors during duty hours and provide first aid when required.
- To supervise or undertake equipment set up and take down according to activity programme. This will involve moving medium weight equipment.
- To be responsible for building security and act as key holder.
- To ensure cash up at end of shift is completed correctly and in compliance with all financial procedures.
- Adhere to all procedures and guidelines listed within centre EAP and NOP
- Undertake any other reasonable task to ensure effective operation of centre.
- In line with our commitment to safeguarding, all members of staff have a duty of care towards Bacons College pupils and are expected to report any such concerns to the Designated Safeguarding Lead team.
- Work in a manner that promotes and protects one’s own health and safety, as well as that of other staff, pupils and visitors.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Experience of working in a Sports Centre
- Enthusiastic Approach to all sports
- Principles of excellent customer services.
- Health and safety responsibilities in a sports centre environment.
- Membership /booking administration and sales techniques.
- Working knowledge of IT including MS Word and Excel
SPECIALIST TRAINING REQUIRED
- Demonstrates high levels of professionalism, honesty and integrity
- Is observant, imaginative and enthusiastic
- Sets and maintains high standards
- Has a flexible approach to work
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Has a structured approach to time management
For further information please contact HR Administrator, Valeria Garcia firstname.lastname@example.org
The College will safeguard and promote the wellbeing of its students and expects all staff to do the same. An enhanced CRB check will be undertaken.
To download the Application Pack please click below.